Confronted with the humanitarian drama of the refugees, the Focolare’s Youth for Unity step into action on many fronts, mobilising and appealing to international organisations, while joining in the efforts of the entire Movement.
- Reduce public funding of weapons
- Work at the root level of inequality, to counter misery
- Revise current models of governance
- Adopt a model of organised legality in opposition to criminality
- Guarantee universal primary education
These are the five main points of the appeal made by the young people of the Focolare’s Youth for a United World (YUW) to national parliaments, the European Parliament, the National Commissions of UNESCO and the United Nations.