Focolare Center for Education in Dialogue
In the global village of the third millennium, peace and development will depend on how people of different creeds, cultures, ages, backgrounds and social status learn to live together as one family.
The Focolare Movement through the Focolare’s Center for Education in Dialogue (offers a spirituality of unity and more than 50 years of experience in dialogue.
The Center offers conferences, seminars and interactive workshops which are open and accessible to all.
The center was inaugurated in 1998, with a two-day conference “Dialogue as a Lifestyle.” Among the speakers: Imam Warith Deen Mohammed, Cardinal Francis Arinze, Dr. Eugene Fisher from the U.S. Bishops’ Conference, and Rabbi Jack Bemporad, director of the Center for Interreligious Understanding in New Jersey.
Other conferences sponsored by the CED include:
- The Search for Unity: The Role of Religiously Affiliated Colleges and Universities (2008)
- “God as Love” in the Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish and Christian traditions (2006)
- “Disarmament and International Security” (2005)
- “The Spirituality of the Lotus Sutra Tradition” – Christian-Buddhist dialogue (2004)
- Ecumenical panel on “Mary’s Role in the Life of Christians” (2003)
- “Interfaith Conference on Reconciliation” (2002)
- “Love of Neighbor: Scripture, tradition, experience” (2001)
- “Faith Communities Together,” in Washington, D.C. (2000)
- “Repairing the World / Tikkun Olam – New Possibilities in Jewish-Catholic Dialogue,” (1999)