The theme chosen for United World Week 2019 – #NoOneInNeed – refers to the first “Pathway – Economy, Work and Communion”, one of the “Pathways for a United World” which were launched at the youth festival “Genfest 2018” last July in Manila.
During (the) United World Week 2019 various initiatives will highlight actions taken this year in line with this theme – to help achieve a wider sharing with the poor and promote communion as our lifestyle.
Some examples of these initiatives:
- The Street Store, a temporary free shop for the most needy in the city of João Pessoa, Brazil.
- Action connected with the #ZeroHunger challenge (the second of the UN Sustainable Development Goals). Here are some examples from India, Italy and Lebanon.
- Into the LABel, a sustainable consumption workshop based in Italy looking at ethical shopping choices.
- Actions to raise awareness for ethical investment
- Raising funds for development projects, such us AMU development projects. Conferences and workshops on topics including entrepreneurship, work, poverty and consumer choices.
- Excitement is mounting for Run4Unity on May 5. Young people will encircle the world in a continuous 24hour series of sporting activities promoting peace and #zerohunger initiatives.
- The final event of the United World Week 2019 will take place from June 9 to 16, in Mariapolis Luminosa – USA when young people will gather to showcase businesses and projects building fraternity and social change.