Education in Dialogue
Focolare Center for Education in Dialogue
The Focolare Movement, through its Center for Education in Dialogue, offers a spirituality of unity and more than 50 years of experience in dialogue. The Center organizes conferences, seminars and interactive workshops which are open and accessible to all.
The center was inaugurated in 1998, with a two-day conference on “Dialogue as a Lifestyle.” Among the speakers: Imam Warith Deen Mohammed, Cardinal Francis Arinze, Dr. Eugene Fisher, and Rabbi Jack Bemporad.
Other conferences sponsored by the FCED include:
- “Earth-Faith-Peace, An Interreligious Youth Teach-in” (2015)
- “Dialogue and the Difficult Questions: Can we understand each other” (2015)
- “Education’s Highest Aim: Teaching and Learning through a Spirituality of Communion” (2010)
- “God as Love” in the Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish and Christian traditions (2006)
- “Disarmament and International Security” (2005)
- “The Spirituality of the Lotus Sutra Tradition” – Christian-Buddhist dialogue (2004)
- Ecumenical panel on “Mary’s Role in the Life of Christians” (2003)
- “Interfaith Conference on Reconciliation” (2002)
- “Love of Neighbor: Scripture, tradition, experience” (2001)
- “Faith Communities Together,” in Washington, D.C. (2000)
- “Repairing the World / Tikkun Olam – New Possibilities in Jewish-Catholic Dialogue,” (1999)