Michal Siewniak shares his impressions of the evening:
Inspiring, refreshing, thought-provoking, challenging, uplifting
There are moments or events in life that we often remember for a long time. Tonight was one of them!
More than 30 people attended a truly amazing evening with Jim McManus, former Director of Public Health at Hertfordshire County Council.
There is a lot that I am taking away from tonight’s event:
- The importance of faith groups in relation to building meaningful relationships and opportunities for a dialogue, which underpins our human interaction.
- The ways in which we can become “Public Health Ambassadors”.
- Being authentic, genuine and always remembering that our prime role should be to serve others.
- Growing “new people” and empowering a new generation of leaders.
- Challenging polarisation by becoming channels of cooperation and active listening.
- Believing that we ALL have so much to offer! Our participation is vital in changing our neighbourhoods!
Wow…What a wonderful lesson and truly spectacular evening! Thank you Jim!
“Be in love with God and be in love with each other — that would be my advice, because I don’t know any other way to live. Even when I fall down I don’t know any other way to live.”
Jim McManus, 20 October 2023